After Lake Danao Natural Park astounded my two eyes and dumbfounded my adventurous spirit. The newly discovered natural attraction in Ormoc city blew away my mind, the Sayahan Falls.
The Sayahan Falls is now considered as one of Ormoc City’s main natural attraction because of its crystal clear, emerald green and water as cold as ice. This waterfall is located in the majestic mountain of Sitio Maglahug, Brgy Ga-as and it is 30 kilometers from the City proper of Ormoc.
To see this hidden gem, you have to endure 30 minutes to 1 hour of trekking. The trail is not that easy, a bit challenging for those who don’t do cardio or workout, so I highly suggest that you prepare before planning a jaunt in this mesmerizing natural gift. I do trekking but I still had a hard time going there, seriously!
From Lake Danao Natural Park, we traveled to Sito, Maglahug, Barangay Ga-as Tourism office then hired a tour guide going to the place. My friend and I trek our way going to the falls. I’m catching my breath during the trek but I enjoyed the scenery,
We spent about 30 minutes of going there, a fast pace walk said the tour guide. You will spend 45 minutes to 1 hour if you will take it slow, At first, there is a plain road but after a few minutes you need to crawl, climb a bit and walk in a muddy man-made path then you will pass a trail like a jungle.
After a few minutes, you will see this amazing scenery. Wow! Who will not be fascinated with this luscious greens? As if you will see fairies any moment, it’s like an enchanted forest where magical creatures protect and take care of it.
There’s a stream which is above it, is a man-made ladder before reaching the hidden falls. You can hear the gushing water, a sign that you are already near.
The weather is perfect, it’s not too hot on the day I visited the place and according to the weather forecast, there will be rain showers in the area. I’m a bit scared actually for I don’t know what to expect in the midst of the forest. Scary but exciting, right?
Make sure that you will wear the proper trekking attire, actually going to Sayahan Falls is not part of my itinerary because when I arrived Ormoc and asked the locals on how to get there, they don’t even know what and where the place is. But since we are near to this attraction, my friend and I decided to quickly jaunt the place. I accepted the challenge of going there even I am not prepared.
As you look from afar, you will see this picture perfect view.Nice!!!!
Then look at this.. See the water that is cold as ice?Just wow! One of the best spring waterfalls I’ve seen in my entire life. The hardship of going there really paid off with the amazing scenery. I salute the local government for preserving this wonderful God’s creation, unexploited indeed. It excites me to take a dip into the water.
The place is really clean, so make sure to do your part in maintaining the cleanliness of this hidden waterfalls. It is our responsibility to take care of it so that many people can enjoy the amazing God’s gift natural creation. And for the next generation to cherish and protect. All the hardships of getting there were fade when I got to see the waterfalls. I enjoyed the beauty of nature by bathing and swimming.
It’s very relaxing and exciting experience. I’m a person who loves to see the beauty of nature and I always wanted unplanned travels, Lol! Going to Sayahan Falls is one of the best travel experience of the year so far. It was unplanned and I don’t know what to expect but it turns out to a memorable one. Looks like it will be the start of more unexpected and unplanned travels for me.
Here’s a quick peek on how I enjoyed my visit in Sayahan Falls!
- Make sure to check the weather before going to the Sayahan falls to fully enjoy the place and to avoid any untoward incidents as the trail is difficult.
- Keep the environment clean and eat before going there to avoid bringing so much stuff.
- Bring water and enough food.
- Go there early to spend the entire day in the falls because the place is open until 2:00 PM
- Make sure to prepare yourself to go trekking.
- Travel in a small group of 1-10 persons.
How to get there:
- From Ormoc City, ride a jeepney going to Brgy. Lake Danao at Ormoc Jeepney Terminal across Public Market and Ormoc City Port.
- Drop off, and ride Habal-habal going to Sitio Maglahug.
- Register at Ga-as Tourism Office. Php20.00 entrance fee per pax and Php300.00 guide fee for 5 members in a group or below. For 6 guests or more, guide fee may vary for your own safety.
- Be prepared, 1-2 hours trekking/hiking to Sayahan Falls, currently the local government is working on improvements for a better access to this hidden treasure. Rest assured, a true beauty is waiting.
Disclaimer: Since I got the place via private vehicle. I took this travel guide from EVC Food and Travel Gallery. To see his awesome photo gallery click here.
If you are planning to visit Sayahan Falls and need a habal-habal who can pick you up from Ormoc City.You may contact mobile number: 09284285673 and look for Odel